The Life Of One Alone

The life and thoughts of a widow.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Prayer Is Powerful.

Today, I felt much better after having a good sleep. And, there was no bleeding during the night from ear or nose, so that was a great blessing.

Prayers are so powerfilled it boggles the mind.

So many people in this world miss out on God Himself when they don't rely on Him through prayer.
Prayer to me is like a little child tugging at Daddy's hand and telling him something is wrong. The child explains to Daddy what it is that ails it and Daddy understands then tries to mend it the best way he humanly can.

Prayers to God, to me, act on the same principle. We go to God and touch the hem of His Garments and tell Him what is wrong, He takes time to listen and being God, knows what is best for the child.

He looks inwardly at the child and sees the problem to the human body, then sees the deep cause - and takes it away and slowly, or quickly, the child is healed.

His Timing is perfect in every way.

I have seen parents praying for a child and have often wondered if the child itself has prayed or is relying on Mummy and Daddy's prayers to be answered.

My very first encounter with God was as a child through a silly little prayer. Little did I know that the prayer was a Covenant.

"Please God take away my pain and I will believe in You for the rest of my life".

That was the prayer I uttered when my appendix burst at age 7. Words which could only be thought for the pain was so intense, the sweating so heavy, the breathing so bad while in pain words could not be uttered.

The moment the prayer was thought, the pain was gone leaving me in so much shock at it's going I looked around for it and yelled out "Where did it go!!"

I don't know if I have blogged about Prayer before, if I have, it is of no matter.

God is a God of Justice, He is continually watching His Children, His Angels continually guarding. And, He is constantly listening to those who pray. He also knows what is going to happen to a person.

Not one prayer in this world goes unanswered. Maybe not to people's liking, but to God's purpose.

I have seen people blame God for misadventures, and heard people say the most terrible things about God. But, the main problem is that they do not know God. And one of the greatest blessings we can have is to know God.

God is accessible at any given time of the day or night to those who really Love Him. And one can only really Love Him if they really know Him.

To know Him IS to Love Him!

Often, alone with my little dog, I sit and watch the sun set with my Father in Heaven. And, I tell Him how beautiful it is and thank Him for the priviledge of allowing me to see it for like so many others, I could have been born blind.

I listen to the birds calling their night cries and scrambling for their sleep time roosts, and thank Him I can hear, for I could have been born deaf.

And I praise Him for these wondrous things. Praise leads the way to Prayer.

God is not an egotistical God - our prayers and praise from the heart show Him our true heart for Him.

And for those who love God, who Lean on Him, who rely on Him, who talk to Him, who reach out to Him because He is a part of their life and their very reason for being,
He responds to prayers like a magnet.

They say we must be God centred. I think we must be heart centred on God so much that we trust Him in whatever happens in our life to a point where we cannot live without Him.

Yesterday was not the God appointed time for me to meet my friend. I believe God has other plans where we will spend more time together than the time we would have had and we will have a ball!!.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home