The Life Of One Alone

The life and thoughts of a widow.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Oh Boy.

I love these words of Paul .......

Paul's Letter to the Philippians, Chapter 4

{4:8} Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things
are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure,
whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if
there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think about these
things.

These words are so beautiful. I wonder how many stop to ponder on them? Paul tells us to THINK about these things, but often I wonder how many do.

I spent the day going through thousands of photos, burning many to disc and deleting them from my computer as they were taking up so much room on the Hard Drive.

While going through them I was amazed at some of the photos I found. All of God's Majesty in creation must have been in my computer. From birds to bees, from sunsets to dawns, they were all there. I even found the middle of the night.

But, these things, to me, are lovely and everything in them is of good report, pure, just, honourable, and virtuous,and more than praiseworthy, .... except the blurred ones which went out the PC chute.

It was also lovely to know I had freed 13 % of my hard drive. Paul would be proud of me.....

While sifting through the photos Paul's words came to mind over and over again amd set me off on my ponderings again.

God has created a magnificent planet for man to enjoy, yet so many refuse to enjoy the simple things in life and opt out for the expensive not realizing the best things in life are free.

I also gave a great deal of thought to what man really NEEDS in life.

(1) He needs God and His Son Jesus the Christ and he needs the Holy Spirit.
(2) He needs a roof over his head.
(3) He needs good health.
(4) He needs to eat healthy foods.
(5) He needs to drink.
(6) He needs to be clothed.
(7) He needs fresh air.

So, the sensible thing man does is to see to having these important things in life for his welfare.

But often it is to be wondered if man really appreciates those things which God gives him freely.

"whatever things are true, whatever things
are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure,
whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if
there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think about these
things."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home