The Life Of One Alone

The life and thoughts of a widow.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Starlight Starbright





Wow that comet lit up the sky! After it had sunk on the horizon leaving an enormous
vacuum tail the sky hadn't looked so clear since I can't remember. I really thought I could see beyond the Milky Way into a land with more stars than can be imagined!

Here, there was not a cloud in the sky as it passed over low. There are More Photo's of it on the web.

It could be distinctly heard but as it began to sink in the southwest, there was a deathly silence over the land where I live with only a mopoke to break the silence.

The sky, to me, looked eerie following it's passing as it was so much clearer, and believe me, we have very clear skies and starry nights here!

There is something about this comet which bothers me ..... maybe it was just the viewing of something so spectacular in the heavens and there was nothing to bother me at all but prior to it's passing, the birds were all very, very quiet. It was as though they were waiting for something.



6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home