The Life Of One Alone

The life and thoughts of a widow.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Just Thinking Out Loud.

The heat has been stifling today, but guess that is to be expected this time of the year. Unfortunately, heat also evaporates water.

People are learning to live with the drought, but it's not pretty in the country. Of the cities, I wouldn't have a clue but know Ballarat is hard pressed.

And, I won't be moving to Ballarat as my daughter feels I am closer to all conveniences here. In deep thought about the matter, what the heck has it got to do with her anyway?
Uhoh ... there goes my sinful thoughts again.

Still and all, I do look after myself very well here and would be no bother to anyone down there, but, will do as told and stay in the woop woops.

I have been watching the sunset with my little dog. It is a time I love so much, guess it always has been.

It was 'The Division' during creation. God divided and earth was given day, and night. And so it is a wonderful time for contemplation as sunset was utilised by God for the early Israelites. Their Sabbath began at sunset.

I have been thinking about the early Christians alot lately. Where did the church go wrong?
Today, we are so far removed from how they conducted themselves it becomes mind boggling.

Christian teenagers with tatoos, christian teeners worrying about their makeup and hairdo, jewellery and latest shoe fashions.

Christian married couples openly speaking about things which should be kept between husband and wife.

Christian teens wearing clothing which is too revealing. So, so different to the original Christians. I often wonder why the pastors do not spend more time preaching about the evils of today, and the snares of today which so many seem to be falling into.

I see so much pride today ....... too much I suppose.

It is good to be well groomed and immaculately clean, well dressed and nicely manicured - but somehow, I don't feel God likes to see women with faces plastered in makeup with their hair all braided, and with tatoos and earings sticking out of their eyebrows and noses. Seems to be a bit Jezabellish.

So .... I guess I must be old for these things to me, have ne'er been a part of my life, nor will they ever be.

I am musing in my blog tonight .................

5 Comments:

  • At 15 January, 2007 22:04, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 15 January, 2007 22:11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Christianity today is nothing like that practised by the original Christians Sim, their hearts were stayed together and stayed on God entirely. I think only Egyptians and pagans wore makeup in those days which doesn't say much for today's christians in some churches.

     
  • At 15 January, 2007 22:28, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really Michael, this should stop.
    Sim, I agree, there appears to be little trace of the original Christianity today which makes me often wonder what went wrong with the churches. I believe the rot set in with the catholics as they were the first christian church.
    I think what I am trying to say is, Constantine was really a bad man.

     
  • At 15 January, 2007 23:07, Blogger Simonetta said…

    I agree this should stop. I am flattered Mike, but please!
    I have deleted one of your comments too, so don't push your luck.

     
  • At 16 January, 2007 10:46, Blogger Simonetta said…

    Good grief! I have to babysit my blog??!!
    ~~
    00
    -

     

Post a Comment

<< Home