The Life Of One Alone

The life and thoughts of a widow.

Friday, February 02, 2007

God Moves Ahead.

Once again I found God moves ahead in ways we cannot foresee.
Today, I should have been meeting one of my dearest and most cherished friends. Sadly, the journey was called off due to my BP being far too high, and Dr ordering another BP test at 2 p.m. today.

The BP test today showed my BP had only come down by 4 points. And during the night, my ear had started bleeding profusely. Not good.

The Sister at the Hospital ordered me to go home and rest immediately. Fearing I would be made to rest in one of their uncomfortable beds I took of like fork lightening from the Hospital.

So, am back to original remedies for HBP as well as medication. Of course my Dr would scoff at the original remedies but what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

Before I rested, I had to go to the Supermarket and felt prompted to buy bananas. I didn't really feel like them but it seemed as though I had to have them for some reason known only to my Father.

On my return home, I ate a banana, then craved another. It baffled me that I was so propted to buy bananas, so I went to my books and learned that those with a high potassium level are more unlikely to have a stroke than those with a low level.

That led me to the web where I googled in "bananas and high blood pressure" and found it said the same.

I now believe God takes care of us in ways and means we will never know and also, just how closely He knows our bodies. He also knows the cures to these things, the natural cures like honey, apple cider vinegar and water (2 tablespoons of ACV, 1 of honey) in a glass of water to be drank daily. Two to three times a day won't hurt if the BP is high. Tastes good too!

Garlic is another cure, odourless garlic capsules, or plain garlic. So, minced garlic is in my fridge and I will be making garlic bread, but with wholemeal and low cholesterol butter. Better to stink than to suffer.....!!


This BP rubbish will come down one way or the other, but I will obey God and take my medication plus the home remedies.

For a Bible study today I chose 2 Timothy 1 chapter 3.

I particularly like verse 16.

"All scripture is given by Inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

And this is where we find God's Love, in ....
doctrine.
reproof.
correction.
instruction in righteousness.

The Holy Spirit teaches, Father only reproves those whom He loves, He corrects us, and His Instructions of Righteousness are within the Bible.

These are powerful words to those who Love God.

9 Comments:

  • At 02 February, 2007 21:54, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had never looked at those words in that manner before Sim. Very true! Do take good care of yourself with the BP, it is such a sneaky thing as it shows no signs of increasing. I hope you told them your ear had been bleeding, I don't like the sound of that. Is that similar to a nose bleed to release the pressure?

     
  • At 02 February, 2007 22:11, Blogger Simonetta said…

    Hi Pat! Yes, I am taking care of the BP to the best of my ability.
    Apparently there was a little haemmorage in the ear, no biggie.

     
  • At 02 February, 2007 22:59, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No biggie?! Sim, I am a bit concerned about you after reading your entry and will be praying for you. I am so sorry you couldn't meet your friend but there will be other times. Are you alright there on your own? I am concerned about that.

     
  • At 02 February, 2007 23:15, Blogger Simonetta said…

    yeah ... I'll be OK thanks Pat. I do appreciate the prayers. These things happen.

     
  • At 02 February, 2007 23:34, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Sim, not you? Please not you?
    Dear, please have early nights, rest as much as you can, keep as cool as you can and carry on with the garlic also Apple Cider Vinigar, honey and water three times daily. Keep out of the hot sun up there and if you get too hot, cover yourself with a damp sheet and put the fan on yourself,and don't turn that air conditioner off.
    And please don't forget to take your medication.
    I am worried about you too and my prayers will be with you. How disappointing for you but never mind you will be right just as long as you keep your happy go lovely natural attitude.

     
  • At 02 February, 2007 23:44, Blogger Simonetta said…

    Thanks Denny, I was just sorting photos and am going to bed now.

    Yes, I will do as you say. Thanks Hon.

     
  • At 03 February, 2007 17:21, Blogger Simonetta said…

    She loves me!!!!!! Yay!!!!!

     
  • At 04 February, 2007 18:05, Blogger Radagast said…

    Take care of yourself!

    ... and I will be praying fot you.

    -- Radagast

     
  • At 05 February, 2007 11:40, Blogger Simonetta said…

    Thanks Tony, and yes, I will be taking care of myself!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home