The Life Of One Alone

The life and thoughts of a widow.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Mickey The Fin


















Oh what a day! I have been busy catching live fish from a lagoon which is drying out in order to save their lives. They were flapping around in shallow muddy water.

One photo is of the fish scales of the BIGGEST fish I have EVER caught. And the other is of the same fish which is quite at home for the time being in a bath of water in the paddock.

To gaze upon the beauty of such a huge fish is out of this world!

To catch it was another matter ......

Yes, I fell over in the deep mud many times as this monster tried to find a way of escape for it's life, but it didn't know I was the only means of it's escape.

The name of the big fish was going to be Moby, but then I thought Mickey The Fin would be a far better name for it. It sort of reminded me of a Michael I know of in Mildura.

It measures just over two feet in length and will soon be in deeper water to enable it to swim around and eat whatever things fish eat.

When I did the test of patience in photographing fish fins arise from deep water, I had no idea God would allow me to actually HAVE one to photograph even if it did put up a fight!!!

The camera will be snapping happily.

At present he is very quiet and happily laying in his bath of water. He does look a bit like a shark, but he does have a sort of a yellow underside so I think it's a Yellow Belly.

Other fish were Redfin, these I quickly placed into a lake. But the monster Mickey The Fin, I could not part with until he is well and truly photographed!

Coming home with a monster fish in the boot of the car and covered in mud plus sitting on Newspapers was something a bit different!

24 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home