The Life Of One Alone

The life and thoughts of a widow.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Over The Moon!













Photos.


Tonights Sunset

A young Silver Seagull

The Royal Spoonbil

Royal Spoonbill and Sacred Ibis






The Royal Spoonbill has landed!

It was my sheer joy this evening to go out and photograph as sunset was approaching, but joy turned to awe when I saw the Royal Spoonbill had arrived.

Never have I seen a bird move it's big flat beak so fast in water!
Fascinated, I watched and photographed as it made itself known to other wildlife in the swamps. Not that they were really interested. One would have thought they'd have been bowing and scraping before the beauty of the creature, but no way.

This afternoon, I thought I had found a winged bird, but it turned out to be a very young Silver Seagull. It was so pretty! (and very healthy as the photo shows)

And so the camera was busy snapping again. Not very often do we see the young gulls on land.

I have burned so many photo's to CD and DVD, so I guess it's time to move some out of the computer or else she may start spluttering and carking.

Having had so much fun watching and photographing the Royal Spoonbill plus the Sacred Ibis's, I forgot to prepare tea so it was a bit of cold shoulder to myself when I got home and realised how fast time had travelled.

Now, I have a great deal of thinking about what the heck I am going to do with all these photo's. And that's going to take alot of time.

Which to print out .... which to go on display .... which to finally exhibit.

Hellelujah! I HAVE got some thinking to do now!

3 Comments:

  • At 02 December, 2006 13:06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Never seen a Royal Spoonbill. He looks a handsome fellow! You have sharp eyes Sim, many would have passed and never seen it.

     
  • At 02 December, 2006 18:03, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are these photos uploaded in low resolution? Your sunsets are beautiful where you live.

     
  • At 02 December, 2006 20:40, Blogger Simonetta said…

    Yes! Australia does have lovely sunsets! All photo's are in very low resolution.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home