The Life Of One Alone

The life and thoughts of a widow.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Drought Australia










There is still water in the Lake, but that will be taken soon and it will lay dry.

During the time water is there, I am capturing as many photo's of the wildlife which inhabits the lake as possible. The photo is a collage of some of the shots I have taken.

Today was an awful day. I had to spray the exterior of the house with spider stuff to stop them from entering, and webbing on the exterior.

So much fun inbetween all the coughing and sneezing!

Vacuumed and cleaned inside the car and could not believe how much dust had entered. Tomorrow, she has to be washed no matter what.

We are lucky not to be on stage 4 water restictions as yet, but that's because we have lived through drought before and know how to recycle and take care of the water.

There is no stock on my farm. The fences have been released to allow neighbours remaining sheep or whatever to make use of anything to nibble there.

I will be going there shortly to photograph. I do love the property, but she's gone under with the drought. Notso with the wildlife though. The farm lies beneath a protected canopy where no wildlife is permitted to be disturbed or harmed in any way.

That means the "Drover's Dream" is there.

"First there came a Kangaroo with a swag of blankets blue
A Dingo ran beside him as his mate
They were travellin' mighty fast but they shouted as they passed
We'll have to run along, it's getting late

The Pelican and the Crane, had come in from off the plain
To amuse the company with the highland fling
The dear old Bandicoot played a tune upon his flute
And the koala bear sat 'round him in the ring

The Drongo and the Crow sang songs of long ago
The Frill-necked Lizard listened with a smile
And the Emu standing near with his claw up to his ear
Said "the funniest thing I've heard for quite a while"

Last bad drought, I had a husband beside me. I wonder if I can manage to outride this one alone. So far it's been a bit tough but maneagable.

The worst is to come .... summer. If I can get through that alone, I reckon I'm still around 21 years of age.



My potatoes are looking good! The pumpkins are up too! Marvellous whar recycled water does! Praise God!!

God knows I try to be perfect in every way. *sigh*





13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home