The Life Of One Alone

The life and thoughts of a widow.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Beginning.

It's time to have a blog.

Recently, I have travelled my country of Australia. It was easy to drink in the majesty of the land and touch the wilds for there is where my heart lays.

Travelling to Melbourne gave me quivers up and down my spine. I left my car at an outer town and travelled into the large cosmopolitan city by taxi. There was only one place which interested me in Melbourne at that time. The museum where I could gaze upon antiquity.

My travels took me far down south and away from the beauty of the mallee country in which I live into a concrete jungle teeming with people of all colours, races and kinds.

Loving Photography, I knew I could not take a photo there which would make my day, and so, my camera was left behind. No, I do not like cities.
In fact, cities depress me today.

Cities touch on a land not made by God, but rather made by man and filled with the noises of man made objects, the smells of man made automotion, and the smells of man.

My life is in the mallee area of Australia where the air is clear; where the stars are bold; where the trees raise majestic arms to the heavens as though in perpetual prayer; and the moonlight caresses the land lifting a cloak of darkness to display a cloak of silver.

Yes, this is my land. The Land of the Sunset.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home